Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Another Thing I Don't Like About M*A*S*H, Albeit Not M*A*S*H's Fault

If you're collecting M*A*S*H seasons on DVD, stop doing that: it turns out that this fall, Fox will release A set of the complete series with "all-new extras not available anywhere else." (This isn't hard as the season sets didn't have any extras.) This looks to be the latest way of sticking it to the consumer -- re-packaging the complete series in a box with new special features, thus hopefully forcing someone who already collected the series to buy the whole thing all over again -- and I expect something similar to happen with other series.

1 comment:

Tosy And Cosh said...

I don't mind this actually. It's not really a surprise, so I, as a consumer, realize I have a choice. I do want the complete Sopranos, Buffy, and West Wing sets, for example. As of now, I have none. So I need to decide if I want to collect them piecemeal or wait and get the whole enchilada. That the collected piece will have stuff the seasons didn't makes sense, really. And no one NEEDS to buy 50-60 DVDs again just to get a few interviews or what-have-you. It;s a pretty clear choice.