Thursday, July 24, 2008

In the Looney Beginning

Haven't really had a chance to look at the Tiny Toons and Freakazoid! DVDs in any depth -- I wasn't able to get a review copy and just managed to rent them from a store that rents stuff before the release date (though if I'm asked about it officially, that store doesn't exist) -- but I think I can confirm that the first aired Tiny Toons episode, "The Looney Beginning," is complete. This episode originally aired as a special on CBS, and had an extra minute of material that wasn't included in the reruns; the version on the DVD runs 23 minutes, at least a minute longer than the other episodes.

2 comments:

Thad said...

I think actually I'm getting a review copy of this. I'm praying to the sky I don't though. It's not healthy being so grumpy.

John Pannozzi said...

I feel that I really helped make "The Looney Beginning" to be uncut in the DVD, as I told WHV about the different versions in their 2007 classic animation-on-DVD survey, in their 2007 TV and animation chat with Home Theater Forum, and in email I sent to them shortly after TTA: Season 1, Vol. 1 was officially announced. I'm very pleased. Now if only "The Return of Batduck" (when get they around to releasing that season) is the version that aired as the primere episode of the Plucky Duck and not the version that aired as a regular Tiny Toons episode and cut out bits and pieces in order to fit in the regular Tiny Toons opening.