Saturday, July 19, 2008

His Real Name Is Royce...

Warner Brothers has posted a couple of clips from the commentary tracks for the Freakazoid! season 1 DVD. I haven't seen the DVD yet, but the commentaries sound promising since the lawyers have apparently not banned the commentators from talking about the question I've always wondered about: which elements of the show, and which characters, were holdovers from the original Bruce Timm concept.



The other commentary excerpt is here.

And yes, I'm talking about this DVD repeatedly because I want people to buy it so Warners will release the other half of the series.

1 comment:

Jenny Lerew said...

"...the commentaries sound promising since the lawyers have apparently not banned the commentators from talking about the question I've always wondered about: which elements of the show, and which characters, were holdovers from the original Bruce Timm concept."

I'm flummoxed as to why there would there be any sticky legal issue about that? it's old, old news now and well known generally, and as far as I know Bruce is and has been for years in a position at WB where his involvement at one point would be a point of honor (as well as interest) for this old series. In other words, he's been a top producer there for eons.
I'm sure he's addressed the subject at panels and in print interviews before, hasn't he?

I'd guess you know much more about all things F! than I would and I defer to your knowledge, but I'm surprised that Warner legal would have hard and fast rules about mentioning 15 year old cartoon show facts. Seems ridiculous if so.