Saturday, October 07, 2006

Explanation For All The Clips

If you've been reading this blog for a while, you may have noticed a shift in emphasis, from mini-essays on pop culture to more of an emphasis on video clips (though I usually try to include comments and some kind of angle on what I'm showing). The reason for this is twofold. One, I don't have as much time for posting as I did, but I believe in updating the blog as often as I can -- and finding and posting a clip I like or find interesting is one way to keep it updated. The other is that this is a blog about popular culture, and when you're writing about popular culture I think it helps to be able to show an example of what you're writing about -- so even the posts that do have some substantive content (fewer than in the past, I admit) will wind up having a clip or two embedded in them.

So there we are. That doesn't mean that this has become a video blog and I do intend to try and get back to mini-essays -- maybe by posting less often but trying to come up with something a little more substantial each time I post. But if YouTube had existed when I started this blog, I'd probably have been posting at least some video clips from the very beginning.

No comments: