Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Universal Theory of Syrupy Theme Songs

I have formulated a theory about TV theme songs. Well, actually, other people formulated it long before me, but here it is anyway: any show, no matter what happens in the title sequence, can be made to seem heartwarming and sweet if you add a heartwarming and sweet theme song.

For example, look what happens when I take the main title of the British The Office and plug in the Full House theme song. Suddenly Slough seems like a really adorable and uplifting place to work.



And like the "Family Affair" theme, it works fine with Buffy:



Other suggestions welcome.

4 comments:

Anthony Strand said...

Oh wow. The Full House theme works really well with Buffy. I laughed like mad. How about Batman: The Animated Series?

Jaime J. Weinman said...

The Full House theme is too short for the Batman sequence, so I used the "Laverne and Shirley" theme instead

Anthony Strand said...

Yeah, I just watched it from TV Guidance, and it is brilliant. Thank you!

Icepick said...

I bet you can't find anything to make the opening sequence from The Equalizer seem heartwarming & sweet.