Monday, February 19, 2007

I Don't Know Why I'm Posting This

I just like this bit from NewsRadio, that's all.



If I had to add a comment to it, I'll say that I think I love this joke because of the way it takes a silly idea and then takes the silliness one step further. The basic idea is that Bill (Phil Hartman) is recounting a banal TV plot as if it were a bedtime story. That's silly and funny. What makes it sillier and funnier is that it's a very specific TV plot, for a real TV show, with specific details that would only be familiar to someone who has watched that show (you'd have to watch Family Matters to know what the "Urkel-Bot" is). So it's funny not only because of the idea, but because of the character element: it's amusing that Bill is apparently so familiar with Family Matters.

1 comment:

Anthony Strand said...

That's one of my all-time favorite gags from the show. My brothers and I re-enact it all the time.