Friday, August 18, 2006

Time LaMarches On

Quickstop entertainment has a long, long interview with master voice actor Maurice LaMarche.

Call it a quirk, but my favourite part of the interview is the part where he bashes The Popples, because that was the crummiest made-to-sell toys cartoon ever spread over the public -- and because, even suspecting this, I was semi-hypnotized by it as a kid (I was fascinated by the Popple who talked like The Fonz).

I hated The Popples. That it was the job from hell. Because I had to come in every day and just be ultra cute and be “bishi, boffo, hoo hoo hoo!” And I wanted to vomit at the end of every session. I would sooner have sold my body on Santa Monica Boulevard than go back for another one of those.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it was very Unprofessinal for him to bad mouth the show. I have lost a bit of respect for him over that. hell, I'm sure it helped put food on his table, a roof over his head, a pot to piss in and a window to toss it out! Dan Hennessey was a much better Puzzle in the first season, anyway.