Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Boingy, Boingy, Boingy....

More on the impending DVD release of "Animaniacs" and "Pinky and the Brain," from senior producer Tom Ruegger:



This is the info I can pass on to you from an unimpeachable Warner Bros. source:

Planned release of "Animaniacs Volume 1" and "Pinky and the Brain Volume 1" is currently scheduled for 7/25/06. Volume 2 of each title is currently scheduled for release on 12/6/06.

That's the entirety of what I can tell you at this point.

There's joy in the water tower tonight.


Here are some quotes from some of the "Animaniacs" episodes that we can expect to see in the first volume:



DOT: Oh, oh, my heart aches with the sorrow of a thousand Scouts! No merit badge. I mourn my loss.

EINSTEIN: Now to measure the speed of light. (Checks his stopwatch) Boy, that's quick. ("Cookies for Einstein")

MICHELANGELO: I'm the great Michelangelo and this is the Sistine Chapel.
YAKKO: Oh, yeah? If you're so great, what did you do with the other fifteen chapels?

("Hooked on a Ceiling")

SLAPPY: No one ever gets hurt in cartoons....
SKIPPY: But "Bumbie" wasn't a cartoon, it was a movie! Bumbie's mother is -- Waaaaaaahhhhh!
SLAPPY: Is it me? That mama deer was just an actress, Vina Walleen! We were pals. She used to date George Jetson. Look -- have I ever lied to you before?
SKIPPY: You said Keno was legal in Burbank. You said Magilla Gorilla was a woman. You said--
SLAPPY: Can it. ("Bumbie's Mom")

BRAIN: Now, Pinky, if by any chance you are captured during this mission, remember: you are Gunther Heindriksen from Appenzell. You moved to Grindelwald to drive the cog train to Murren. Can you repeat that?
PINKY: No, Brain, don't think I can.
("Where Rodents Dare")

No comments: