Saturday, April 16, 2005

The Sellout Post

In what is undoubtedly a jump-the-shark moment, I've put up one of those donations buttons (it's on the right-hand side of this blog, just above the archives). This isn't one of those "Donate or I will shut down the blog and shoot your puppy" type of things; I just thought I'd see what happens.

I originally was going to try for advertising, but you need a certain number of hits per day for that. And, frankly, if I made this blog into the kind of blog that would appeal to advertisers, it would be a different blog, for better or for worse.

As I said, I'm going to be blogging one way or the other, but I thought I would try what other bloggers are trying and put up that donations button; when you're doing a blog that's mostly about stuff you have to pay for (DVDs, CDs, etc), every little bit helps.

Now that that silliness is done with, please scroll down for a new "Things that Suck" post, my first in a while: an attack on my childhood memories of that great parasite of the moneyed class, Richie Rich.

No comments: