Wednesday, February 16, 2005

I Weep For Our Generation

This is a Wall Street Journal article on the plan to redesign and re-imagine Looney Tunes characters as futuristic crimefighting superheroes. Mike Barrier has a picture of the design for "Buzz Bunny," aka Bugs Beyond.

I had a longer post about this, but accidentally erased it. Probably just as well. That much concentrated rage eats up a lot of bandwidth. Suffice it to say: are you starting to appreciate Tiny Toons a little more now, after the disaster that was Baby Looney Tunes, and the disaster that this show will be? (Yeah, I'm supposed to say "I'll give it a chance" or "I can't judge till I see it." To heck with that. No good ever comes of an idea this bad.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Big fat deal; I lived the resulting show (Loonatics Unleashed) and thought that it was funny seeing future descendants of Bugs, Daffy, Wile E. Coyote, The Tasmanian Devil, and the Road Runner kick the ass of evil and succeed. Too bad most people like yourself were too stuck in the past to appreciate the show.

Just to show you how popular it was, here's some fan art of the show: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=Loonatics+Unleashed